Dear Prospective Fitness Trainer,
First of all, thanks for taking the time to visit this site. It’s my hope you have precisely what I need in a fitness trainer so I can take this page down immediately, and put you to work in the fun and rewarding coaching position I have available.
So let me tell you about me, my company and the coaching position.
My name is Sam Beagle and I run a fitness and nutrition coaching company called Team uFit in Slough, Berkshire.
My business is dedicated to helping women and men achieve their health and fitness goals through customised nutrition and fitness programmes.
And business is booming!
I'm looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, and energetic person to start training some of our current clients, and who would like to grow with our company.
We currently offer one-on-one personal training programmes, semi-private (maximum 4 clients), group coaching sessions and nutritional guidance, and within all of these we educate, motivate, and support men, women and teens to improve their health and fitness.
All clients begin with an initial 16-week coaching package, which includes nutrition counselling, exercise programme design, nutritional supplements, monthly fitness assessments, and possible weekly training sessions here at the studio.
Bottom line: We are looking for a part time coach who as we move forward would potentially become a full time team member. We are also looking for a full time coach as well.
Part Time Role – this will include coaching group training sessions, and taking set hours in the studio working with our clients one to one and in small groups. With the intention of this becoming a full time role in the near future, if you (a) want it, and (b) deserve it.
Hours – You would be expected to be doing 10-20 hours a week
Compensation – You will be compensated fairly and there is always room to progress based on various factors. The starting rate for a part time member of the training team is £12,000 a year.
Full Time Role – you will begin training our clients in a one to one and small group environment. You will be responsible for a set of clients and making sure they are successful on their journey.
Compensation – Starting at £12k/annum, once you have passed your probationary period this will increase. There is a clear pathway which coaches can progress to earn more should they wish.
You will go through a 90-day trial period, where we make sure you are the right fit for our team. Our studio offers a casual, fun environment, nice training equipment and the opportunity to learn the inner-workings of a successful personal training studio.
Oh yeah, I’m also very fair, respectful, and appreciative. I like having fun and making money providing highly valuable fitness services and products. You will be compensated fairly, treated fairly, and I will certainly look for ways to pay you more for your efforts if they warrant it. I want someone who enjoys working with people and making a difference in the lives of others…because that’s what we do in my studio.
Tasks You'll Be Expected To Perform
- Develop Comprehensive Health and Fitness Programmes for Clients . You’ll receive coaching and training on our fitness system and programmes, but you’ll have the flexibility to incorporate your training style and knowledge.
- Tracking Client Progress . To ensure a client's success in our programmes, you'll need to track weekly progress, current successes and challenges, review client nutrition and exercise log worksheets, and more on a weekly basis. It will be your job to hold a client accountable to his/her health and fitness programme to ensure the best results possible.
- Perform Fitness Evaluations. Ideally, you'll have some fitness assessment skills and can test for: body composition, body weight, girth measurements, blood pressure, heart rate, and various strength and flexibility tests. You do not need previous experience, but if you do, that's a bonus.
- Coach Clients through 16-week Programme . You'll be responsible for weekly exercise sessions and keeping detailed weekly progress reports on the clients you’re working with. If a client is having challenges throughout his/her programme, you'll coach and motivate them, and make appropriate changes to ensure consistent progress
- Demonstrate Proper Exercise Instruction. This is a big one. I need you to be able to provide proper coaching, instruction, and motivation during a client training session. You should have a working knowledge of the human body (i.e. muscles, movements, functions, etc.), and be able to provide appropriate exercises for client’s goals.
- Provide Ongoing Health and Fitness Education . Our clients rely on us to service all of their health and fitness needs. It is your job as a fitness coach to provide your clients with health and fitness education on various topics that empower them to lead healthy lives forever. You'll be provided with educational tools and resources, be expected to study them, and speak about them with your clients. We also spend time covering this in our weekly staff meetings.
If you have these additional skills, your resume will go right to the top of the stack (but if you don’t have these skills, you should still apply because these are not mandatory).
- Previous personal training experience (fitness studio, health club, in-home trainer, etc.)
- Advanced nutrition knowledge
- Exercise Science Degree
- CPR Certified
I’m looking to hire the right person to hire relatively quickly. So if this job sounds good to you, then do the following:
- You MUST complete the form to the right. You MUST also….
- Write me a letter explaining why you are the perfect person to fill this position. Include full contact information (name, address, phone, email) on this cover letter.
- On a separate sheet of paper list at least two or three references with phone numbers and what your relationship is with the reference (i.e. previous employer, university lecturer, etc).
- Put the cover letter on top of your CV and the reference sheet underneath your resume and staple everything together.
- Mail to: Sam Beagle, Ashworth, Cherry Tree Road, Slough, Berks, SL2 3EF
I will review your CV and cover letter, and if we feel you’re a good prospect, I’ll call or email you to set up a personal interview.
The sooner I get your CV, the better. This will not be a long, drawn out process. I believe in taking action quickly. So get your application over to me pronto!
I look forward to reviewing it and hopefully meeting you personally.
Again, thanks very much for your interest,
Owner, Team uFit
P.S. This is not the type of job where just showing up is enough. Performance is everything to me. If you perform, you will be rewarded. I want nothing more than to find a person who takes real interest in doing good work and taking care of our clients. I recognise and reward performance!
With all that said, as I mentioned in the headline on this page, enthusiasm and a positive attitude go a long way in my book. I’m a very positive, upbeat business owner and appreciate those qualities in others. As long as you have the basic skills I mentioned, and a great attitude, you’re definitely a candidate! So submit your information today!